torstai 28. elokuuta 2014

Inspiring people part. 2

Okay, so I think it's time for the second part of showing you the people who inspire me. The part one (including Anna Varney-Cantodea, Roman Dirge, Tim Burton, Jhonen Vasquez and Emilie Autumn) you can find here: http://mortuusamor.blogspot.fi/2014/05/inspiring-people-part-1.html
Enjoy!


Tommy Kovac
Self-portrait by Tommy Kovac
He is known from the comicbooks Stitch, Skelebunnies and Autumn. I found his work through SLG publishing, which also publishes Roman Dirge and Jhonen Vasquez. Kovac's works are really humorous (well at least if you like black humour) and cutely weird. He also likes to draw talking and walking male genitalia (weird but true: they are cute too) so even though his illustrations are filled with ponies and other cute stuff they may not be the most suitable for children. Perhaps these cute animals look familiar if you have been going through my tattoo pictures...
I really recommend checking out his work and his blog: http://www.tommykovac.blogspot.com/



Gris Grimly
Photo: http://www.night-flight.com/Events/GrisGrimly/gris_grimly_photo.jpg
Gris Grimly is quite new on my list of favourite illustrators. I actually don't remember how I heard of him, but I instantly fell in love with his works. The first book I got by him was "Gris Grimly's Frankenstein". Though it was quite a pain to read the book with all those long "letters" written in oldish english, since English isn't my first language. Well that's my bad, the book was great and soon I had collected almost all his books that you can buy in Finland. I also love his illustrations for Edgar Allan Poe's tales.
Here's to all Hello Kitty lovers! Artwork by Gris Grimly.



Crab Scrambly
Photo: http://www.slgcomic.com/assets/images/CrabScrambly-shipmed.jpg
Crab Scrambly is also quite new to me but I immediately fell in love with his work and I have already got one of his illustrations tattooed on my leg. He is known from comicbooks like The 13th of Never, Nightmares and Fairytales: 1140 Rue Royale and children's book Your Skeleton is Showing.
Artwork by Crab Scrambly



Jamie Smart

Jamie Smart is also one of the illustrators published by Slave Labor Graphics. He is known from comicbook called Bear. His comicbooks are filled with humour and he has made some comicbooks suitable for children. He has also drawn a series of Doctor Who search puzzles that has been made into a book.



So go and support these great artists, buy their books and artworks! Check out their blogs and homepages. There will be also part. 3 of inspiring people soon

P.S. This post is NOT sponsored by anyone. I just wanted to advertise these great artists to you guys.

♥ MortuusAmor

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti